DNA Contaminants in COVID Vaccines
Are ‘Beyond the Pale’: Florida Surgeon General Explains the Call for Vaccine Halt
By Marina Zhang and Jan Jekielek 1/15/2024 Updated: 1/18/2024 (Epoch Times)
“DNA is a common contaminant of many biological products,” he told the show’s host, Jan Jekielek. “We can use DNA to produce different drugs like insulin, other biologics—and that’s a wonderful innovation, and normally, that DNA doesn’t pose a problem.”
Human cells are resistant to DNA entry, and this prevents harming the integrity of the cell’s DNA.
However, since the mRNA vaccines use lipid nanoparticles, which deliver mRNA into the cells directly, DNA contaminants could also be able to enter the cells. Some scientists, like Dr. Ladapo, are concerned that the DNA from the vaccine may integrate with the human genome.
Prominent officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) disagree.
In his letter, he asked if there have been risk assessments of the vaccine DNA integrating into human DNA, especially regarding the controversial SV40 promoter/enhancer region found in Pfizer’s vaccine.
Other questions included whether risk assessments have been done on DNA integration in reproductive cells and if the current levels of DNA residuals are acceptable under the FDA’s standards.
Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, replied to Dr. Ladapo on Dec. 14.
“We’ve gotten … lengthy responses that don’t answer the question,” Dr. Ladapo said.
No tests were mentioned that would assess if DNA integration is occurring.
Dr. Ladapo believes it would be reckless not to test for DNA integration, a potential risk once DNA enters the cell.
SV40, or simian vacuolating virus 40, is a DNA virus that sometimes causes cancer in animals.
However, the SV40 promoter/enhancer found in the vaccines is only a tiny section of the DNA; it is not equivalent to the entire SV40 virus or its protein.
Promoter-enhancers are sections of DNA that can control the activity of other DNA.
“With DNA, there are different regions that tell other parts of DNA whether to be active or not,” Dr. Ladapo said. “This type of control process is very important … The absence of control can, for example, lead to cancer … [and] other metabolic abnormalities.”
In his letter to the FDA, Dr. Ladapo asked about the additional risk of the SV40 promoter/enhancer region’s DNA integration.
Dr. Marks answered that there were no genes for SV40 proteins nor SV40 proteins themselves present in the vaccine.
But Dr. Ladapo believes Dr. Marks is intentionally not answering the question.
Only around 1 percent of the human DNA produces protein; the job of the other 99 percent of DNA is mostly unknown.
“There’s … a lot of uncertainty about our genome—what it does, how it supports life and creates life, and creates the miracle of each individual human being,” Dr. Ladapo said. “What we do understand is that some of the potential risks of DNA integration include development of cancers, because … of the regulation of different aspects of DNA and cell growth.
“Other possibilities include the disruption of the normal expression of some proteins, which then subsequently could lead to disruption of normal human function.”
“We are the most complex beings—the most complex machines, if you will—living machines that exist on this Earth. So, I do believe that our genome is part of our connection to God. So that is to say that there’s quite a lot at risk in terms of not taking proper precautions and sensible precautions, with maintaining the integrity to the best that we can—life ain’t perfect, but to the best that we can with our human genome.”